Utility Tax Rebate Details
In the interest of public health and safety due to COVID-19, residents requesting a 2020 utility tax rebate are advised to complete the process by mail or email this year, as Wentzville City Hall is currently closed to the public. Utility tax rebates will be processed between now and June 30, 2020.
To apply for a City utility tax rebate, eligible residents should use one of these methods:
- Email the required documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail the required documentation to: Utility Tax Rebate, City of Wentzville, 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd., Wentzville, MO 63385
Please include your phone number on all rebate items emailed or mailed so City staff can contact you, if necessary.
Resident eligibility criteria:
- Rent or own your primary residence in the City of Wentzville;
- Be at least 65 years old or considered totally disabled by Social Security
- Have an annual adjusted gross income of $45,550 or less for a single household or $52,050 or less for a married (two-person) household
Residents will need to provide copies of the following:
- Photo ID or Social Security card
- Proof of Income (Tax form 1010, 1099, or Social Security Statement)
- Proof of Residency (Utility Bill or ID)
- Proof of Age and/or Disability (Social Security Statement)
- Municipal tax reports (see below) or copies of 2019 gas and electric bills. The refund amount is a portion of the “City Tax” or “Franchise Tax” listed on your electric, gas and phone bills for 2019.
You may be able to contact your local utilities to request a report.
- Ameren UE: Request the “Municipal Tax Report” for 2019 by calling (314) 342-1111.
- Spire (Laclede): Request the “Municipal Tax Report” for 2019 by calling (314) 621-6960.
- Cuivre River: Request the “Wentzville City Tax Report” for 2019 by calling (800) 392-3709.
- Phone bills: The City of Wentzville is waiving confirmation and proof of utility tax on phone bills for residents who qualify. The City will issue $1 per month, for a total of $12, for the phone bill portion of the rebate.
Please call (636) 639-2155 if you have questions or would like to check your eligibility.