Yard/Garage Sale Sign Application
Guidelines for Posting Yard Sale Signs:
- To display a yard, garage or similar sale (“Yard Sign”) a permit number is required.
- Every yard sign shall display the permit number on the sign.
- No more than two yard sign permits may be obtained or issued per calendar year for an address.
- No yard sign shall be posted on utility poles or within road right-of-ways (as a rule the right-of-way is between the street and the sidewalk) See attached drawing.
- If there is no sidewalk, generally the right-of-way includes 10 feet from the curb.
- When you are out of the right-of-way, you are now on private property and you will need to get permission from the property owner to post your sign on their property.
- Yard sign permit shall not exceed 72 hours nor shall they be displayed more than 48 hours before or 24 hours after the designated permit period.
- Any yard signs in violation of any of the provisions of this Section shall be subject upon conviction of a fine of up to $100 for each violation, as well as to the removal of said yard signs. Each day and each sign not in compliance with this section shall constitute a separate violation.
ORDINANCE #3052 AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Yard/Garage Sale Signs may be removed if they are not placed in the proper location as stated above. Call (636) 327-5101 with questions regarding Yard/Garage Sale Signs.