Building Department Changes due to COVID 19
- Residential and commercial inspections are being completed as normal. Permits are still being reviewed in a timely manner. The residents can call with questions about inspections or permits, and talk with a building inspector by calling 636-327-5102.
- Inspections in occupied homes are still being done, with social distancing, the inspector may ask that you let them walk the area of inspection alone. The inspectors have gloves for protection.
- Permits can be submitted online here:
- Miscellaneous Permit Residential
- New Residential Building Permit
- New Commercial Building Permit
- Miscellaneous Permit Commercial
- Inspections can be scheduled online here or call 636-327-5102.
- If the resident does not have the capability to submit a permit online, please talk with the office staff and in house building inspector on other options, we may be able to work with you over the phone and by texting documents to the plan reviewer.
- You can pay for permits over the phone, mail in the payment or drop the payment off at one of the drop boxes located at City Hall. Also, we are able to send the permits by email and regular mail, as needed.
The Building Division is dedicated to providing thorough plan review and inspections, accurate and timely permit issuance, effective code enforcement and responsible customer satisfaction. Multiple services within the division are offered to residents pertaining to construction, maintenance, occupancy and grant administration. Public safety and service in the built environment is our number one goal.
If at any time you need personal assistance with any of the Building Division information, you may contact the Building Official or an Inspector by calling the Public Works Department at (636) 327-5102.
The City of Wentzville has accepted a grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), to conduct the Community Development Block Grant Program under Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 as amended. The goal of the program is to provide financial assistance for the rehabilitation of private properties. The Home Improvement Loan Program is available to residents eligible and desirous of receiving said funds for the purpose of making repairs to owner-occupied property.
Through an allocation of CDBG funds from the federal government, the County funds a Home Improvement Loan Program, Emergency Repair Program, a Homeless Prevention Program (utility and rent assistance) and a Transportation Services Program. These programs are available to income-eligible residents living in the unincorporated St. Charles County, and the cities of Cottleville, Lake St. Louis, New Melle, St. Peters, Weldon Spring and Wentzville. For more information please visit St. Charles City’s website here.
For more information on these programs please contact:
City of St. Charles
Urban County CDBG Administrator
200 N. Second St.
St. Charles, MO 63301
Home Improvement Program
The Home Improvement Program provides repair assistance to low- and moderate-income residents within the participating jurisdictions of the St. Charles Urban County, including Wentzville. This is a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Qualified repair services include: general exterior maintenance, hazardous tree and limb removal, roof replacement, electrical system upgrading, plumbing system upgrading, deteriorated water heater and/or furnace and air conditioning unit replacement, siding replacement, insulation and weatherization, foundation repair and water proofing, handicap accessibility, deteriorated driveway and sidewalk repair/replacement, window replacement
Urban County Transportation Program
The Transportation Services Program provides transportation for qualifying residents within the Urban County for necessary medical, shopping, and other essential services.
A limited number of trips for each selected applicant will be made available.
The Homeownership Assistance Program
The Homeownership Assistance Program provides zero percent interest down payment loans to income-eligible first-time homebuyers within the participating jurisdictions of the St. Charles Urban County, including Wentzville. These down payment assistance loans of up to $10,000 require no monthly payments and are forgiven after five years. This is a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) .Participants will complete a HUD-certified housing counseling training course that provides them with the tools they need.
HOUSING COUNSELING REQUIRED
To apply for the Homeowner Assistance Program, contact one of the following agencies:
Participating Lender/Counseling Agencies:
Northeast Community Action Corporation
3400 Meadow Pointe Dr.
O’Fallon, MO 63366
Better Family Life, Inc.
5414 Page Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63112
6506 Wright Way
St. Louis, MO 63112
The Housing Partnership
P.O. Box 16356
336 E. Ripa Ave. St. Louis, MO 63125
|Building Official, Jessica Isaak
(636) 327-4892 (fax)
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd.
Wentzville, MO 63385
8 a.m.-5 p.m.